Here you’ll find a full list of all the classes we run at Beginners On Stage.
Found a class that you’re interested in? To register simply select it from the drop-down menu at the bottom of the page.If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.
The classes are divided up into school year groups (all working towards the same shows):
– Monday 3.45pm: ‘Chaplin’ – Year 3 to Year 5
– Monday 5.15pm: ‘Streep’ – Year 5 to Year 7
– Tuesday 3.45pm: ‘Disney’ – Preschool, Year R, Year 1
– Tuesday 3.45pm: ‘Hanks’ – Year 1 and Year 2
– Tuesday 4.45pm: ‘Davis’ – Year 7 and Year 8
– Thursday 3.45pm: ‘Dench’ – Years 8, 9, 10 and 11
– Friday 3.45pm: ‘Hoffman’ – Year 3 to Year 5
– Friday 5.15pm: ‘Hayes’ – Year 5 to Year 7
All Beginners On Stage classes are £6.75 per hour.
Throughout the year our students have the opportunity to demonstrate their performance skills during filming work with outside production companies and while entertaining the public at various charity events.
We also run Fleet Infant School’s drama club, plus offer additional one-to-one lessons (available by appointment).
Have any questions? Feel free to contact us.
– Beginning of rehearsals for the yearly show.
– Working on lines and plotting of the scenes.
– London Theatre Trips.
All classes work towards the show whilst also having fun doing warm ups, group games and exercises.
– Rehearsals for the yearly show.
– Working in more technical detail: how to come on stage, deciding on props and going over scenes to perfect lines.
– Working on expression and how to say the lines.
– London Theatre Trips.
At the end of the shows, yearly awards are given out to children who have worked particularly hard.
– ‘Fleet Speech, Drama and Musical Theatre Festival’:
All children prepare individual, duo and group pieces in: Acting, Verse and Prose, Musical Theatre, Reading for Performance, and Improvisation.
Quiz nights, Pizza Nights, Pantomimes, Theatre Trips.
Beginners Has Talent:
At the end of the school year all the children can perform anything they choose to entertain parents and friends during the last week of term.
LAMDA EXAM CLASSES
Exams in Performance and Communication.
Each class has a maximum of 7 children and classes are divided into three sub sections; performing, rehearsals and knowledge.
The children prepare for an exam during term and, when ready, take their exam.
– Wednesday 3.45pm: ‘Day-Lewis’
– Wednesday 4.45pm: ‘Bergman’
– Wednesday 5.45pm: ‘Williams’
– Saturday 9.00pm: ‘Astaire’
– Saturday 10.00pm: ‘Andrews’
– Saturday 11.00pm: ‘Oldman’
LAMDA classes cover all ages and are £10 per hour.